Wednesday June 27th, 2018
Tales & Ales With One Of The Greats: Chuck Hahn Comes To South Wharf
The Fire Garden pop-up at South Wharf’s The Common Man is the perfect spot to cosy up this winter – there’s food and drink deals all week long, incredible ambience and even fabulous events.
On Saturday, August 25, prominent master brewer Chuck Hahn, the original founder of Hahn Brewery, will be hosting an incredible night of tasting and pairing delicious food with exceptional craft beer.
You’ll learn about craft beer and more importantly how to pair food with beer (move over, wine).
Chuck will be accompanied by the James Squire Craft Beer Ambassador and Common Man Executive Head Chef Malcolm Williams for what will be a truly special evening in the Fire Garden.
Tickets are $49 and include five beers matched with five beer food items:
- Smoked chicken tacos with a spicy tomato and habanero salsa
Matched to Swindler Tropical Pale
- Drunken Flinders Island flank steak skewers with spicy fennel and cabbage slaw
Matched to The Chancer Golden Ale
- Malt rubbed slow-cooked beef brisket rolls with house-made BBQ sauce
Matched to Nine Tales Amber Ale
- Pork belly skewers with a white miso glaze and kim chi rice
Matched to Hop Thief #9 American Pale Ale
- Oregano and garlic lamb gyros with a Cypriot salad
Matched to 150 Lashes Pale Ale
- Pecan and maple tart with espresso cream
Matched to Jack of Spades Porter
Come along to share a tale, and a few ales, with one of the great Australian brewers.
Event: Tales & Ales With Chuck Hahn
When: Saturday, August 25 from 6.30pm – 10 pm
Where: Common Man, 39 Dukes Walk, South Wharf
Cost: $49 per person.
Tickets available here.